The villa is an exclusive and expansive beachfront villa overlooking an untroubled, secluded bay on Koh Samui’s idyllic southern shore. Cushioned within a lush palm plantation and fringed by soft sugary sands and the cerulean waters of the Gulf of Siam, this exceptional private residence offers guests a blissful luxury beachside retreat.
At Villa , the gentle tropical architecture is carefully designed to blend with the natural surroundings. The villa’s spacious, two-storey lounge pavilion holds a commanding presence at the head of the property, with four more individual bedroom pavilions set around the huge centrally placed, ocean view pool — the beach and ocean just a few steps from the lawed garden.
The attractive shingle-roofed buildings are constructed from natural materials with both the interior and outdoor spaces providing a constant connection to the surrounding natural beauty. Villa outstanding design not only makes the absolute best of the breathtaking views and impressive beach front location, the wealth of modern comforts and high-end facilities on offer also includes bespoke luxury furnishings and leading edge home technology, complemented by exquisite Asian antiques.
All this comes together seamlessly allowing guests to enjoy a unique, indulgent stay in one of Thailand’s top villas, nestled in one of Samui’s most pristine and picturesque bays.
Villa can accommodate up to 18 adults plus five children comfortably in its ten beachfront and sea view bedrooms, all of which unfold onto the serene views and offer a range of personalised amenities including smart internet TVs and iPad docking stations, plus bespoke interior designs that feature inspired and unique Asian touches.
The ground floor suites in the main pavillion open onto generous lounge areas, with four-poster king size beds and oversized glass doors that draw in the beachside views and sweet scents from the tropical garden. The four stand alone beachside bungalows include study spaces with teak desks, as well as kitchenettes for guests to prepare in-room tea, coffee or snacks. The well appointed en-suite bathrooms are complimented by outdoor bathing areas, thoughtfully designed with marble sunken tubs and waterfall showers enclosed in antique style walled gardens. An additional multi-use bedroom is perfect for children with five bunk beds, or larger groups can also make use of two additional beds for adults.
The attractive air-conditioned indoor lounge and bar area is furnished with a sofa and armchairs, a stereo system and 50 inch LED TV. This area connects to a 90 sqm dining space with a huge wooden dining table seating 24, served by a fully equipped European kitchen with gas cooktop, microwave, espresso machine and two refrigerators. A second well equipped stainless steel kitchen also allows catering for large events of up to 150 people.
Villa also benefits from a vast open air covered living space with a 12-metre high, pyramid shaped shingle roof. The comfortable chill out area is furnished with sofas and lounge chairs and a stunning 150-year old, 11-seater, hand-carved wooden “Sala Sum” pavilion. A series of outdoor wood and marble pool decks are spread through the grounds with comfortable day beds and cushioned sun loungers surrounding the impressive 300 sqm, chemical-free pool, itself enhanced by grassy islands and wooden bridges and also features a dedicated kids’ zone.
Additional guest facilities at villa include a barbecue terrace with original Weber Grill, a cinema room with large LED screen connected to an in-house Media Server with hundreds of high definition movies (also accessible from every room) and a games/conference room with billiard table. There’s also an air-conditioned spa room and sauna for personalised treatments, as well as a beachfront sala to indulge in a revitalising massage by the sea.
Staying at Villa
Essentially a private luxury resort, the villa offers all the upscale facilities and amenities of a good hotel, but with an array of personalised design touches and well thought out facilities that suit a wide range of bespoke holiday needs. It is almost impossible to resist the temptation to dive in the cool chemical free waters of the meandering central pool, while the surrounding gardens, pool decks and large lawn peppered with palms offer a choice of spaces to sunbathe, relax and simply absorb the tropical splendour of the location.
A generous proliferation of high-end facilities and comforts extends through all the shared spaces and private bedrooms, guaranteeing a unique and memorable vacation experience. A full team of well trained villa staff includes an English speaking manager to answer special requests and offer local advice, as well as a private chef to cater specifically to guests’ tastes and culinary preferences. The undisturbed beachfront location is ideal for families or groups in search of the ultimate personalised island hideaway. The size and range of facilities also make Villa perfect choice for a private beach wedding or celebration.
Sensitive additions like adjoining rooms, including a kid’s room with comfy bunks and a dedicated play zone complete the family friendly facilities.
“We love the fact that dozens of mature coconut trees provide areas of shade around the huge pool area and there’s lots of outdoor decks and living spaces as well as the expansive gardens. The beach is fantastic and the remote bay means high levels of privacy so its perfect for a BBQ or picnic on the beach. Inside,you can enjoy real state-of-the-art accommodation. Our villa is also the only private property on Samui to accommodate up to 30 guests (with new beach bungalows coming soon) so it is definitely one of best locations for a wedding, especially with the professional facilities and personalised service from the live in staff.”
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
Villa is located in its own bay on the unspoilt south coast of Samui at Laem Sor. The setting feels very much like a private island with little to disturb the natural tranquility and meditative sea views. Despite its relatively remote location, Villa Kalyana is within easy reach of a number of island attractions, including waterfalls, offshore islands and elephant trekking centres. If you can drag yourself away from the villa’s indulgent facilities and stunning surroundings, it is but a short drive to some of the island’s best restaurants and beach clubs.
- *Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates from US$ 3,500 to 5,600 for the entire house, reduced occupancy available from 6 bedrooms
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates are quoted for the maximum number of Guests (including children) as specified. Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
- Baby cot provided free of charge
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
- For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- A Security Deposit of USD 1,500 is required to be paid upon the payment of the rental balance and will be returned 15 days after departure date
10 bedrooms including four stand alone beachside bungalow suites, one bunk bedroom sleeping 4 kids and a grand master bedroom.
- 4 beach bungalows available for rent as additional accommodation from July 2013
- Private chemical-free swimming pool (300 sqm) with kids’ zone
- Outdoor lounge pavillion
- Samsung LED TVs in all rooms
- Media server with HD movies
- 2 x fully equipped kitchen
- Fully furnished incl. linens/towels
- iPod/ipad docking stations
- Games and billiard room
- Free fast Wi-Fi (fibre-optic line)
- Expansive private tropical grounds
- Direct beach access
- 4 x sea kayaks
- Jet Ski and power boat for hire
- Private parking (6 vehicles)
- Back up generator on site
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests’ specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as communicating requests to the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
- Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
- Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account (Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service)
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
- Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability